I have a lot of hair bows. A lot. And storing them all in a drawer wasn’t working very well, so I decided I needed a better storage solution! It took a few hours, and then it was ready to hang on the wall and hang dozens of bows and flowers on!
- A 12×12 blank activity board (I found mine in Michaels)
- Acrylic Paint
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
Continue reading ➞ DIY: Hair Accessories Organizer
School has been so busy I’ve barely been sewing! I have about 100 ideas I want to get started on as soon as things calm down a bit. I did, however, manage to find some time to photograph a couple of creations I made just before school began! One of these is my floral silk dress. It’s got a 50’s style darted bodice (because what else do I make anymore honestly) and a full circle skirt. I’m wearing a small petticoat in these pictures, but it’s just very twirly and voluminous on it’s own!
Continue reading ➞ The Floral Silk Dress
This post will cover some details on making my headache band for my Robe de Style.
Continue reading ➞ The Robe de Style, Part 3
My newest 1950’s dress! I call it my picnic dress because the pattern sort of reminds me a vintage picnic blanket. I love the soft colours and the v-neck, and I’m so happy with how it turned out. Photos are by Chris Mackay. Unfortunately I didn’t take many progress photos of this, but it took around 7 hours to make, and we ventured out on a 93 degree day to photograph it. More pictures are below!
Continue reading ➞ The 1950’s Picnic Dress
I love the sun, but oh my gosh it was bright when I was taking these! Hopefully I’m not glare squinting too much. I’m overall really happy with how this dress turned out! The light washed it out a tiny bit, but I still think they’re nice pictures and you can see the overall construction and style of the dress! The post on how it was made is here. More pictures below the cut!
Continue reading ➞ The Floral Dress, Photos
Please note this is my last post before my vacation. I will be travelling to Shanghai, Tokyo, and Sydney (my home town!). All emails, inquiries, and questions will be responded to, but there may be some delay. You can follow my trip on Instagram here! Some posts will be posting to this blog but they are running on a queue. See you all at the end of May!
I got photos of this skirt the other day! I’d eventually like to try and get some nicer, not-in-my-sewing-studio ones, but for now these are just fine. I love how the colors of the skirt stand out!
Continue reading ➞ The Starry Night Skirt, Photos
This fabric is one of the coolest fabrics I think I’ve ever worked with. Because it is so cool, it was also kind of pricey, so I bought enough to make a poofy skirt, and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out! It was also really, really easy to make, which was nice.
Continue reading ➞ The Starry Night Skirt
I’ve finally started my first ‘big’ costume project of 2015 (only a few months in!). I decided on a Renaissance gown from Italy in the late 1400s, because it’s one of my favorite periods. The garments from this period are all gorgeous, and I’ve been wanting to undertake one for a while. Before I could start on the dress, though, I needed to work on the undergarment – a chemise. It was a fairly easy and pain-free process, and this post will cover making it.
Continue reading ➞ The 1495 Italian Dress, Part One
I took photos of my Space Princess costume last week, and figured it’s time to share them! I love how these turned out, mostly, and they were really fun to take (although my cat seems to have a vendetta against this particular fabric, so I had to shoo her off from eating my skirt a few times).
Continue reading ➞ The Space Princess, Photos
I finished this dress a lot more quickly than I thought I would! This post covers painting the fabric and making the dress itself. For how I made the belt and shoulder pieces, click here.
Continue reading ➞ The Daenerys Qarth Dress, Part 2