This post will cover some details on making my headache band for my Robe de Style.
After a few hiccups, it’s done! My 1920s robe de style is completed (sans hemming, which I am procrastinating because hemming taffeta sounds like an awful way to spend an evening). This post will cover making the robe de style itself. I will be doing a separate post with details on making the headache band.
The second post of my 1790s Dress! I’ve meant to work on other projects in between this dress and have a few things going, but somehow all my attention has ended up on this gown. This post will cover the sleeves and the overdress skirt. Part One can be viewed here, and you can see the dress I am basing this off of. It’s not going to look entirely like it, but you can see where my inspiration came from.
This will be the last post on my Italian Renaissance Gown, sans the post I’ll probably do on styling the hair. I completed the sleeves and hemmed the skirt of the dress this week, and it’s ready for wear as soon as my wig for it comes in. This post will cover making the sleeves, cutting the skirt shape, and the finishing embellishments.
If you’d like to read part one of this series, you can find it here. After finishing the chemise, I finally got on to the fun part – the dress. Everything went surprisingly smoothly, and I’m in love with how it turned out. It could help that I adore the silky red fabric I got for it, but it turned out just how I pictured. I bought 6 yards of fabric for the dress and the sleeves, and used almost all of it.
I’ve finally started my first ‘big’ costume project of 2015 (only a few months in!). I decided on a Renaissance gown from Italy in the late 1400s, because it’s one of my favorite periods. The garments from this period are all gorgeous, and I’ve been wanting to undertake one for a while. Before I could start on the dress, though, I needed to work on the undergarment – a chemise. It was a fairly easy and pain-free process, and this post will cover making it.