An Embroidered Wedding Dress…

My radio silence is over! I can finally talk about this dress and the (many, many) hours of work that went into it. 103 hours of stitching, some blood, some spit, and a few dozen tears later, it was reception ready!

This is going to be a pretty photo heavy post, partly because I can’t pick between the dozens of beautiful photos Sunshower Photography took!

Advertisements

DIY: Hair Accessories Organizer

hair-board-3

I have a lot of hair bows. A lot. And storing them all in a drawer wasn’t working very well, so I decided I needed a better storage solution! It took a few hours, and then it was ready to hang on the wall and hang dozens of bows and flowers on!

You’ll Need:

  • A 12×12 blank activity board (I found mine in Michaels)
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Ribbon
  • Hot Glue and Glue Gun

The Floral Silk Dress

dsc04865

School has been so busy I’ve barely been sewing! I have about 100 ideas I want to get started on as soon as things calm down a bit. I did, however, manage to find some time to photograph a couple of creations I made just before school began! One of these is my floral silk dress. It’s got a 50’s style darted bodice (because what else do I make anymore honestly) and a full circle skirt. I’m wearing a small petticoat in these pictures, but it’s just very twirly and voluminous on it’s own!

The 1950’s Picnic Dress

DSC03746

My newest 1950’s dress! I call it my picnic dress because the pattern sort of reminds me a vintage picnic blanket. I love the soft colours and the v-neck, and I’m so happy with how it turned out. Photos are by Chris Mackay. Unfortunately I didn’t take many progress photos of this, but it took around 7 hours to make, and we ventured out on a 93 degree day to photograph it. More pictures are below!

The Robe de Style, Part One

IMGP7085

I have been dying to make a new historical costume for the last few months! I’ve had a 1920s Robe de Style on my list for a while now, and when I got some peach pink taffeta on sale, I decided it was time to get to it! This post will focus on making the undergarment for a robe de style that gives it it’s iconic shape, and is based off the pocket hoops and panniers of the 1700s.

Cricut – Vinyl T-Shirts

20160618_151510

Since getting back and recovering from jetlag, I’ve started sewing again, but I’ve also been pretty distracted from sewing because I finally got a Cricut machine! I love slogan t-shirts and I’ve always wanted to be able to make my own, so it was a pretty exciting purchase.  These are some of the shirts I’ve made so far, and I have to say I think I’m in love with this little machine.

The Floral Dress, Photos

IMGP6822

I love the sun, but oh my gosh it was bright when I was taking these! Hopefully I’m not glare squinting too much. I’m overall really happy with how this dress turned out! The light washed it out a tiny bit, but I still think they’re nice pictures and you can see the overall construction and style of the dress! The post on how it was made is here. More pictures below the cut!