The Robe de Style, Part 3

20160717_151331

This post will cover some details on making my headache band for my Robe de Style.

Advertisements

The Robe de Style, Part 2

20160717_150335

After a few hiccups, it’s done! My 1920s robe de style is completed (sans hemming, which I am procrastinating because hemming taffeta sounds like an awful way to spend an evening). This post will cover making the robe de style itself. I will be doing a separate post with details on making the headache band.

The Warrior Dress, Part Two

IMGP4600

This dress is not going as well as my last. Although everything has been going ok construction wise, I’m not loving how it turned out – there were a few things I had to change from my original design because of not being able to find the right fabric and so on. However, it still turned out pretty well, and overall was constructed pretty soundly too, so hopefully I’ll fall in love with it when it’s all together! This post will cover making the bodice.

The 1495 Italian Dress, Part One

IMGP4071I’ve finally started my first ‘big’ costume project of 2015 (only a few months in!). I decided on a Renaissance gown from Italy in the late 1400s, because it’s one of my favorite periods. The garments from this period are all gorgeous, and I’ve been wanting to undertake one for a while. Before I could start on the dress, though, I needed to work on the undergarment – a chemise. It was a fairly easy and pain-free process, and this post will cover making it.

The Space Princess

051

In an effort to use up extra fabric, I’ve been designing costumes around the various pieces of fabric I have around, but have never used. This was one of those projects. Although it’s not what I probably would have designed if I just have been given the prompt, ‘space princess’, it worked well for the fabric and reminds me vaguely of a magical girl in an anime.

The Daenerys Qarth Dress, Photos

Daenerys Collage   The weather has been terrible lately, but I managed to get a few photos of the Daenerys dress. Unfortunately there wasn’t much sun to make the dress shine, but hopefully I’ll be able to retake these photos soon with better lighting. Until then, here are photos of the finished dress!