It has been so hot here, getting photos of this dress has been a nightmare! The first time we went, we gave up after about 20 minutes, but the second, we managed to stick with it long enough to get some good photos! I have to say as much as I love summer, I’m ready for the weather to cool off.
After a few hiccups, it’s done! My 1920s robe de style is completed (sans hemming, which I am procrastinating because hemming taffeta sounds like an awful way to spend an evening). This post will cover making the robe de style itself. I will be doing a separate post with details on making the headache band.
I have been dying to make a new historical costume for the last few months! I’ve had a 1920s Robe de Style on my list for a while now, and when I got some peach pink taffeta on sale, I decided it was time to get to it! This post will focus on making the undergarment for a robe de style that gives it it’s iconic shape, and is based off the pocket hoops and panniers of the 1700s.