This post will cover some details on making my headache band for my Robe de Style.
After a few hiccups, it’s done! My 1920s robe de style is completed (sans hemming, which I am procrastinating because hemming taffeta sounds like an awful way to spend an evening). This post will cover making the robe de style itself. I will be doing a separate post with details on making the headache band.
I have been dying to make a new historical costume for the last few months! I’ve had a 1920s Robe de Style on my list for a while now, and when I got some peach pink taffeta on sale, I decided it was time to get to it! This post will focus on making the undergarment for a robe de style that gives it it’s iconic shape, and is based off the pocket hoops and panniers of the 1700s.
I originally bought this fabric for me, and ended up using it to make House of Strawberries dresses! However, since I only had a bit left and couldn’t find it online for sale anywhere, i thought it was finally time to make myself a dress. I had my eye on this dress, but it wasn’t available in my size, so I decided to make my own version.
I’m back! My surgery went as planned, so I’m slowly getting back into things. I did manage to finish my Halloween dress for the year, which is a nice accomplishment. After seeing the finished product, I was tempted to call this the retro pumpkin dress, which sounds silly, but I absolutely love it! It’s definitely 50’s inspired, and I still think the fabric is adorable. This post will cover making the dress, and hopefully I’ll have photos soon!
The second post of my 1790s Dress! I’ve meant to work on other projects in between this dress and have a few things going, but somehow all my attention has ended up on this gown. This post will cover the sleeves and the overdress skirt. Part One can be viewed here, and you can see the dress I am basing this off of. It’s not going to look entirely like it, but you can see where my inspiration came from.
This is a new project I’m starting, based off a 1790s dress. I originally saw this dress from the MET Museum fashion collection, and decided I had to make something from this time period. This dress involved a lot of detail work and I managed to photograph it fairly well, so it’ll probably take a few posts to get through. This one will cover making the bodice.
My newest project is a dress based off a masquerade mask I found months ago in a Party City. It was inexpensive and I thought it was really pretty, so I decided to buy it and design a costume based off of it. A few weeks later I found this gorgeous sparkly fabric at Joann’s, and bought a few yards. So that’s how this costume started! This post will cover making the bodice and the waistband piece.