The Halloween Dress 2015

IMGP5810

I’m back! My surgery went as planned, so I’m slowly getting back into things. I did manage to finish my Halloween dress for the year, which is a nice accomplishment. After seeing the finished product, I was tempted to call this the retro pumpkin dress, which sounds silly, but I absolutely love it! It’s definitely 50’s inspired, and I still think the fabric is adorable.  This post will cover making the dress, and hopefully I’ll have photos soon!

Advertisements

The Masquerade Dress, Photos

IMGP5374

I got photos of my masquerade dress a little bit ago, and finished editing them recently. I like how most of them turned out, and think they showcase the dress pretty well because it caught the light so much. The and dress are both made completely by me, including patterns. The mask is from a party store, and I edited it a bit to fit the costume better. You can the find making of posts of this costume here and here.

The Masquerade Dress, Part One

IMGP5143

My newest project is a dress based off a masquerade mask I found months ago in a Party City. It was inexpensive and I thought it was really pretty, so I decided to buy it and design a costume based off of it. A few weeks later I found this gorgeous sparkly fabric at Joann’s, and bought a few yards. So that’s how this costume started! This post will cover making the bodice and the waistband piece.

The Warrior Dress, Photos

IMGP4731

 

I finished editing the final photos of my warrior dress! Overall, I’m not thrilled with how it turned out. I would like to remake the bodice sometime in the future, since I think I have enough fabric left. I also would like to eventually remake the skirt with the original fabric I wanted, although that’s less of a priority. However, I still think it turned out ok, so here are photos.

The Rose Fairy, Part One

IMGP4512

This outfit will be the first in a series of rose and flower themed dresses I’ll be making – one will be more costumey (this one), the other more high fashion / red carpet, and the last likely a ball gown, because it is something I’ve been dying to attempt again). I am pretty excited for it, although I admit I’m not 100% sure it will turn out exactly how I want, but here’s hoping it goes perfectly. The post below will describe making the base for the outfit, a skin-colored leotard.

The Warrior Dress, Part Two

IMGP4600

This dress is not going as well as my last. Although everything has been going ok construction wise, I’m not loving how it turned out – there were a few things I had to change from my original design because of not being able to find the right fabric and so on. However, it still turned out pretty well, and overall was constructed pretty soundly too, so hopefully I’ll fall in love with it when it’s all together! This post will cover making the bodice.

The Warrior Dress, Part One

IMGP4423

In the past week, I’ve been collecting fabric for five upcoming projects, and doing all the sketches and preparation for them. Consequently, I haven’t had much interesting stuff to post. Hopefully soon I can post a fabric haul or a preview of what’s to come, but until then, I have managed to make some progress on a new project! I have had this idea in my head for over half a year, but never could find the perfect bodice fabric. However, the other day, I spotted some that would work perfectly, and since then, have started to finally make some leeway on the design. 🙂 This post will cover making the pleated, floor-length skirt.