So the weather turned bad as soon as I was going to take photos! It was still icky today, hence the indoor photos and sort of strange lighting. I’ll have to take better photos someday! Overall I am happy with this costume, although there are definitely things that need improving upon next time I make something like this. Photos are below the read more!
Continue reading ➞ The Renaissance Winter Princess, Photos
The 1808 Regency Evening Gown was my second costume piece, and created and finished before my blog was around. It took about 20 – 25 hours of work (AKA 3 days of being snowed in), and also involved an underskirt with a drawstring waist. It was my first time making something with eyelets, my first period piece, and the first time I made something with sleeves that didn’t turn out looking completely wonky. I once again only have some phone pictures of its progress, but will be attempting to explain how it was made using them.
Continue reading ➞ The 1808 Regency Evening Gown
The forest sprite costume was my first official costume piece. Before it, I had spent a few weeks sewing skirts, dresses, and a shirt or two, learning the basics of sewing, and figuring out what I was doing. All patterns were completely hand-drafted by me. All together, it took about 10 hours of planning and mock-ups, and 20 hours of actual sewing and work.
Continue reading ➞ The Forest Sprite Costume