Welcome to my blog! My name is Inara, and I’m 17 years old. This is me:
A few facts you may not care to know:
- I love cats.
- I absolutely hate the cold.
- I was born and raised in Sydney, Australia.
- I am (at the same time) a very meticulous planner, and a very good procrastinator.
- I love the Game of Thrones books, the Book Thief, and many other books.
- I speak very bad German and even worse French (but I’m still learning that one, so there’s hope!)
- And finally, I love to sew (as you may have guessed).
The last point is the important one for this blog! In recent months, I’ve discovered a passion for sewing and costume design, and I’ll be using this blog to keep track of my progress, how I’ve made things, and what I’ve made, on an adventure to improve my skills and build a portfolio. I’ve only discovered serious sewing recently, but already I’ve spent hours upon hours designing, researching, and planning costumes that I want to one day make. It may seem silly to change what you want to do so suddenly, but I believe sewing is something that truly makes me happy, and is something I would love to one day pursue as a career.
So, if you are interested in what I make, how I make it, or how long it takes me, I encourage you to read on. I make a mixture of historical garments (or at least historically inspired) and fantasy projects, and both will be on this blog. I hope you’ll stay, and enjoy what I am sewing in the months to come.